Mason ISD provides a comprehensive special education program to those individuals with identified disabilities.
• ECSE Early Childhood Special Education program for ages three and four (formerly PPCD)
• Life Skills Classroom with the focus on functional academics and daily living skills for students in grades K-12
• Inclusion support for special education students in the general education classroom with accommodation, modifications and instructional professionals
• Resource instruction for special education students who need more support/instruction than can be provided in general education classroom
• Content Mastery provides clarification, accommodations and support for instructions given in the general education classroom
• Homebound-home instruction for special education students who are unable to attend school for four or more weeks
• Vocational Adjustment class and Community Based instruction for high school students transitioning to the world of work
Link to Legal Framework
The Special Education Information Center (SPEDTex) provides resources and interactive features for increasing family awareness of disabilities and special education processes, with the goal of improving partnerships between schools and families.
Email: [email protected]
Live Chat: www.spedtex.org
Link to SPEDTex Website: https://www.spedtex.org/